Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy new Sewing Year 2014!


Over Christmas, there was little sewing happening around here, since we had my parents here, visiting from Norway. It was a fun time of lots of attention and new toys for the kids, and we had a great time. I had started this skirt before our company arrived, but since they stayed in our bedroom (where the sewing machine lives too), I had to put it away unfinished. But here it is, finished, and looking cute!





The pattern is from Ottobre 3/2013 - design 14. It's an A-lined skirt with flounces in the back. I chose the materials from a mixture of fabrics bought in America, Norway, and at the local fuka - open-air flee market. My daughter liked it a lot, and happily posed for pictures with her favorite soft toy friend "Bamsen" (AKA - "the Bear").


As always, the instructions that come with the Ottobre magazine are a little on the slim side, but there was nothing here that wasn't pretty self explanatory anyway. I think the sillhouette is a little wider than I'd like it to be, I don't plan on making it again, as one of these probably covers our flounce-skirt-need for a while, but if I were making one more, I'd cut the skirt panels a little narrower. There is plenty of fabric that has to be eased into the waistband as it, so narrowing it down would not cause a problem. 

Size wise, I cut a 104 width, but added the lenght of the 110 size. My daughter is three and a half years old. 

1 comment: